Artists Agent agreements are contracts between an artist and his/her agent/agency. The agency represents the artists and sources commissioned work for the artist. It is not a feasible task for a professional artist to create art as well as source commissioned work and promote and close deals. Agencies, therefore, come to represent the artist and benefit themselves in a monetary sense.
An artist and agent though might share a professional and trustworthy relation, it is important to define their terms of working in a contract. This agreement is called the artist-agency agreement.
The agreement can mention –
1. The duration of the agreement
2. Rate of commission
3. Income from commission
4. The geographic scope of promotions
The artist-agent market also lists the promotional campaigning services, client sourcing, deliverables in addition to the agent’s duties, agent’s authority in decision making and representing on behalf of the artist, governing laws and jurisdiction along with confidentiality and termination clause.
1. The Artist Agent agreement is carried out to avoid defaulter & fraudulent practices.
2. The contract is a document that states the rights and authority of an agent who represents the professional artist in an event of any disputes or differences thereof.
3. It defines a commission and backs up as a valid document in case of default in payments.